Acute toxicity of mercury to Oreochromis niloticus fingerlings
MetadataLihat penerbitan penuh
Fingerlings of Oreochromis niloticus were exposed to the following mercury (as HgCl2) concentrations: 0.005, 0.01, 0.02, 0.03, 0.04, 0.05 and 0.06 mg l-1 Hg of water. Hyperactivity and erratic swimming were the first indications of mercury intoxication. Scoliosis, a curvature in the mid-trunk region, was observed in some fish in the 0.03 - 0.06 mg l-1 Hg tanks. The occurrence of scoliosis is significantly correlated with mercury concentration. The 24 hour LC50 (0.0375 mg l-1 Hg) did not differ significantly with the 96 hour LC50 (0.0350 mg l-1 Hg).
Cuvin-Aralar, M. L. A. (1991). Acute toxicity of mercury to Oreochromis niloticus fingerlings. In, Bloom, H., Dodson, J.J., Tjitrosomo, S.S., Umaly, R.C., Sukimin, S. (Eds.). Inland Aquatic Environmental Stress Monitoring. Proceedings of the Symposium on Inland Aquatic Environmental Stress Monitoring, 25-27 July 1990, Bogor, Indonesia. Bogor, Indonesia: SEAMEO BIOTROP. BIOTROP Special Publication No. 43. pp. 133-137.